Here we were lucky enough to have an interview with Ricardo Preve, the supremely talented filmmaker behind “COMING HOME”.
• It always fascinates me how and why you would choose to put together such an intricate documentary whereby you mix narrative filmmaking into your documentaries as you did with your previous film “The Patagonian Bones”.
• Most people won’t know the story of “The Macalle” (the subject of the movie) & apart from deciding to even make a film about this incredible event how do you ensure that the viewer remains gripped by what they see on the screen?
• Historical recreations, including the construction of parts of the submarine on a 1:1 scale in a studio in Buenos Aires formed part of this film, that is a huge undertaking – can you tell us more about this?
• And your final expedition to the Red Sea in October, 2017?
• I literally counted through the credits and made it something like over 200 people involved in this project – how on Earth do you oversee all of this in terms of planning and logistics?
• We are constantly asked about crowd-funding / fundraising for film projects – any tips please?
• You had a professional career before becoming a successful filmmaker; do you have any advice for someone that is looking to emulate what you have done?
The Green Room Be Our Guest Joining us in The Green Room today is a guest that truly embodies a wonderful ethos to live by, Jim Warne- Welcome! Pilamaya (thank you). Professional football (not to be confused with soccer) player, turned actor, film producer, college educator, administrator, motivational speaker, coach, business owner and entrepreneur. You didn’t […]
The Green Room Be Our Guest Were delighted to welcome the talented filmmaker Joeann Calabrese to The Green Room! Joeann started her filmmaking career while in the BFA program at NYiT. Her first job was at MTV Networks as a technical director/producer. After a few years there, she moved to Kaufman Astoria Studios and worked for […]
The Green Room Be Our Guest Aaron Avont Johnson We are back in The Green Room and today we are joined by the super talented Aaron Johnson! Aaron thanks so much for taking the time to join us…. firstly let’s just set the story! In 2015 you were honoured at the McDonald’s 365BlackAwards…. firstly that’s […]
The Green Room Be Our Guest Pegah Ghaemi Here we are again in The Green Room with the super talented Pegah Ghaemi! Thanks for joining us! writer, director, producer, entrepreneur….where do you find the time? I don’t 😄 I must admit as a creative it is the hardest thing. To manage yourself, the million ideas, […]
The Green Room Be Our Guest Ricardo Preve Here we were lucky enough to have an interview with Ricardo Preve, the supremely talented filmmaker behind “COMING HOME”. • Thanks for taking the time to join us in “The Green Room”! So firstly, WOW – a huge event coming up in Argentina with the theatrical release […]
The Green Room Be Our Guest Hello Jess Puri Welcome Jess and thanks for taking the time to talk to us in The Green Room! So let’s go back to the start, tell us where your earliest memory and inspiration for music came from? Thanks so much for having me! I would always be watching […]
The Green Room Be Our Guest A young Steven Fischer directing one of his first professional films, an industrial for The Shriver Center in Baltimore, Maryland in October 1995. Photo by Randy Balboni Actors Katie Tschida and Winston Shearin discuss a scene with director Steven Fischer on location in Fairfax, Virginia during production of the […]